Diet and nutrition services
Registered dietitians are specially trained to provide medical nutrition therapy to promote health, prevent illness and manage many common health conditions.
Our dietitians provide a wide range of counseling services including:
- Nutrition across the lifespan (from prenatal care and infancy to older adult care)
- Heart health (high cholesterol, high blood pressure)
- Chronic disease Ex: Pre-diabetes, diabetes, kidney, cancer, osteoporosis
- Gastrointestinal issues including irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, and food intolerances
- Nutritional deficiencies including iron deficiency and pernicious anemia
- Addressing weight concerns, disordered eating patterns and more…
At the first visit our dietitians will:
- Ask you about your eating habits and the factors that influence what, when and how much you eat
- Review your medical history, medications and supplements that may affect your nutritional needs
- Complete a comprehensive nutrition assessment to identify your nutritional needs
- Create a nutrition care plan that fits your lifestyle and preferences with realistic and practical tips to help you stay healthy, improve your health or manage an existing health condition
What we do:
- Customize our dietary and lifestyle recommendations specific to your goals, preferences, and lifestyle
- Offer you support, reassurance, and guidance no matter what stage you’re at in your journey towards better health
- Understand that change is hard so encourage you to take small, realistic steps to reach and maintain your health goals.
- Debunk common nutrition and health myths and explain the science and reasoning behind all our recommendations.
- Help you realize that fad diets aren’t the answer and help you establish a positive relationship with food.
What we don’t do
- Believe in a one-size fits all approach. This meals we do not offer generic meal plans or blanket pieces of health and nutrition advice that leave you scratching your head and thinking “they don’t get me”.
- Berate you for struggling or “losing motivation”. Change is hard – we totally get that! We help coach you through roadblocks and help you shift your mindset away from the “diet” approach and towards the lifestyle approach.
- Rush through appointments and act half interested. We are 100% with you for every appointment. If you are committed to the process, we’re just as committed to help you.